Thursday, April 10, 2014

Toddler Project: Spring Tissue Paper Duck

I've been scrounging Pinterest for toddler-appropriate Easter and Spring crafts. Have I mentioned my apprehension with glue and my 2-year-old? I think she's not quite ready for that responsibility yet. But I still want her to get in on the crafting fun as much as she can. She has already had enough experience that she is quick to eagerly ask me, "Are you making me a project?" every time I go near my craft shelves. Yep, no question she is my kid.

Incidentally, here was some dialog during our project:
Me: "What does a duck say?"
Bugga: "Quack! What does a duckie say?"
Me: "I don't know, what does a duckie say?"
Bugga: "SQUEAK!"
Can't argue with that.

Tissue Paper Duck for Spring

Our first easy project required the following items:

  • thick craft paper
  • scissors
  • yellow, orange and black tissue paper
  • contact paper
  1. Draw a duck shape on the craft paper. You can find images online, but I just eye-balled it. Cut out the duck. 
  2. Cut your tissue paper into small pieces. Ask your toddler to help crumple each piece into a teeny, tiny ball.
  3. Add contact paper behind your duck cut-out, sticky side up.
  4. Start sticking the tissue paper to the contact paper.
  5. Show off your finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment