Saturday, June 2, 2012

Recipe: Easy Vegetable Udon

I might start posting recipes from time to time, as I am happy to share something yummy, and this is a good place for me to keep things I want to find later. The following recipe was whipped out of nowhere the other night...we are moving soon so I am trying to cook what is in the kitchen (as best I can) so we have less to deal with for the move. So the udon (yes, I have oodles of udon in my pantry) came up, since we can't get enough of it since our trip to China a few years back...

Easy Vegetable Udon

Ingredients
1 T vegetable oil
2 T sesame oil
1 Cup frozen pepper & onion medley (or any peppers and/or onions you have on hand)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 T sugar
2 T soy sauce
1 Cup fresh spinach (or frozen)
1 can chicken broth + 1 can of water
2 generous portions of udon based on your preferences

Directions
Heat the oils in a wok or saucepan. Add peppers & onions and garlic, cooking until soft. Add sugar and soy sauce. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add spinach, broth, and water. Simmer until spinach wilts, or about 5 minutes. Add noodles and cook until heated and tender (careful about overcooking). Serve immediately.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment